Sunday, July 20, 2008

Upper lip sweat

It is hot as monkey balls today. I just checked weather.com and it says its 88 degrees in Nouakchott (which is about 2 hours from where im at right now) but I swear it feels like its over 100. Beads of sweat are just dripping from my head and I've got a lot of "uppa lip" sweat goin on.

Guess what I had today? We found a "toubab store" which is like the white people's store....and I shared a snickers with my friend summer. Wanna know what else? We also had a 7up. It was amazing. The 7up didn't taste quite like it does in the US, but it was still great.

Last night summer and I had a sleep over in her tent, the electricity was out at the center and they didnt put up a line so I could hang up my mosquito net so i just slept in her net, and somehow a mosquito got in, i swear im a magnet, but anyway, it made a buffet of my right elbow. I found it in the morning when I woke up and I destroyed it. Karma's a bitch isn't it mr mosquito.

Anyway, despite being extremely hot and itchy...today has been productive. Got up at around 7. SHOWERED! haha and then we've just been in training sessions all day.

Tomororw we find out our permanent sites!!!!! I also have a language evaluation tomorrow so I definitely need to go over my notes.

I will be posting pictures on facebook soon. And i dont know if I can post pictures on here, but if not I'll set up a separate website for those who don't have facebook.

Happy Sunday. Saw there's a tropical storm headed for NC so I hope all those in Va Beach are okay and safe. Love you all

Charlotte/Benina

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Char, I'm loving the blog posts. Keep them coming...they're pretty funny.

Miss you!

Unknown said...

7Up, ha nice. I miss the 7Up in PI, somehow it tastes better than the ones here.

Well, glad to hear you made it ok and hurry up with the pics!